Classic and Collector Car Insurance
When it comes to your classic car, a regular auto policy just won’t do. While most cars depreciate as they age, a classic or collector car appreciates in value.
Does your vehicle qualify for classic car insurance?
To be eligible for classic car insurance, your vehicle must fit one of the following definitions:
- Classic car: 10 to 24 years old that has a historic interest (e.g., a sports car or muscle car).
- Antique car: 25 or more years old that fits one of these categories.
- The Veterans (cars created on or before December 1904),
- Edwardian (vehicles manufactured between January 1905 and December 1918), and
- Limited (rare, special interest, or limited editions).
- If a "classic car" is more than 25 years old, it is considered an antique car for insurance purposes.
Your antique or classic car must also meet these conditions:
- Limited use: Your antique or classic vehicle should only be used on a very limited basis.
- Condition: The car (generally) must be restored, maintained, and preserved in its original condition, or undergoing restoration. Some insurers may not decline coverage if the vehicle is not in excellent condition.
- Storage: It is required that you store your vehicle in an enclosed building.
Policies for antiques or classic cars include typical vehicle coverage options, such as liability, collision, comprehensive, medical payments and more. We'll help you customize your collector auto insurance policy based on your year, make, and model.